The Society of Ultrasound in Medical Education is a 501C3 organization committed to promoting ultrasound in medical education. It is an academic society that will help guide the development of best practices in teaching and testing of medical students, residents and other trainees in the field of clinical ultrasound.
- Annual Meeting – held in conjunction with the Annual AAMC Meeting
- Membership Dues – free
- Member Categories:
- Active Member – medical educator, right to vote and hold office
- Associate Member – others with a strong interest in ultrasound education , right to vote but not to hold office
- Student Member – individual currently enrolled in a healthcare education program, cannot vote or hold office
- Join the Society of Ultrasound in Medical Education
- President – Alfred Abuhamad – Professor and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Vice President – Jeanette Mladenovic – Provost, Oregon Health and Science University.
- Treasurer – Celia Hartman – University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
- Secretary – Steven Wilson – Web Architect and Outreach Librarian, University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
- Board Member – J. Oscar Barahona – President of Greenwich Ultrasound Associates, PC.
- Board Member – Anjali Bhagra – Board certified Internist at Mayo Clinic with prior residency training in Radiology from India.
- Board Member – Scott Dulchavsky – Chair of Surgery, Wayne State University; PI, NASA Ultrasound Space Station Program.
- Board Member – Renee Dversdal – Clinical and teaching hospitalist at Oregon Health and Science University.
- Board Member – Keith Killu – Clinical Assistant Professor at Wayne State University School of Medicine and Senior Staff Attending at Henry Ford Hospital, Department of Surgery, Division of Acute Care.
- Board Member – Barry Knapp – Coordinator of Ultrasound Education Programs for Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS).
- Board Member – Vaughn Lee – Associate Professor of medical education at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, Texas.
- Board Member – Alexander B. Levitov – Professor of Medicine Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- Board Member – Harvey Nisenbaum – Associate Professor of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine; Chairman, Department of Medical Imaging, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA; and President-Elect of World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB).
- Board Member – John S. Pellerito – Professor of Radiology at the Hofstra University School of Medicine and at the New York University School of Medicine.
- Executive Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Membership Committee
- Medical Education Committee
PO Box 212334
Columbia, SC 29221‐2334