News October 2011
To All SUSME Members:
Welcome to the inaugural newsletter of the Society of Ultrasound in Medical Education. To keep our SUSME members informed, we have initiated this newsletter which will be published quarterly. The newsletter will be limited to one page, and members can elect to not receive it if they so desire.
We also have plans to initiate one or more forms of social networking in the coming months to allow communication among our members and provide a portal for feedback about the activities and direction of SUSME.
- Annual meeting: Please join us for our annual SUSME meeting in conjunction with the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) in Denver, Colorado. The AAMC meeting runs from November 4th to November 9th (https://www.aamc.org/meetings/2011_annual_meeting/ ) and our SUSME meeting will be held Sunday morning, November 6th, from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM.
- Meeting agenda:
- A partnership with the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- A campaign to promote ultrasound in 2013
- Summary of the First World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education
- An executive director for SUSME
- SUSME membership dues
- A free-standing SUSME meeting in 2013
- Alert: you will be receiving an email ballot to vote on SUSME officers and Board members recommended by the nominating committee within the next two weeks. Please vote.
First World Congress on Ultrasound in Medical Education: If you were unable to attend the World Congress sponsored by SUSME and the World Interactive Network Focused On Critical Ultrasound (WINFOCUS) in Columbia, South Carolina in April 2011, you may view the view the full program, PowerPoint presentations, and photos, on the World Congress website at http://wcume.org .
Thank you for your support of SUSME.
President, Society of Ultrasound in Medical Education, http://susme.org